The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation, be that a local authority, employer, commercial organisation or charity to those who serve or who have served, and their families, which says they will do all they can to ensure they are treated fairly and not disadvantaged in their day-to-day lives. By signing, Micheldever join over 3000 organisations in the UK who have made similar commitments.
The Armed Forces covenant is made up of five pledges:
1. Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment transition for Service Leavers;
- by holding introduction days for service leavers in order to get to know the business and roles. By advertising on the CTP Job board and offering Web chats events to answer queries interested service leavers may have regarding the opportunity.
2. Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces;
- by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
3. Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- by offering to speak at local schools about the apprenticeship schemes on offer with the Micheldever Tyre Services Group
4. Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- by attending where possible the Armed Forces Day
5. Offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community;
- by supporting the Armed Forces community with the ‘Blue Light’ Discount scheme
By signing the Armed forces covenant, Micheldever will support the transition of service leavers into their new career and forces cadets into our apprentice scheme.
Micheldever continues to support the Armed Forces after successfully assisting many ex-service personnel into new careers within the company. As Micheldever is currently growing at an encouraging rate, this as an ideal opportunity to further help service leavers and employ reliable staff with a great work ethic.
Don't take our word for it though, watch the video below where Micheldever Ex-Armed Forces personnel give their accounts of what it is working for Micheldever: