Micheldever Group (our, us and we) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.micheldever.co.uk (our Site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices prescribed in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Micheldever Group of Micheldever Station, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 3AP (Company Number: 01817398).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, requesting or subscribing to any service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site or enter a competition, promotion or surveys and when you report a problem with our Site or submit a comment regarding the Site. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number.
• details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, technical information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting, location data, operating system and platform, and information about your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages, page interaction information (e.g. scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and phone number used to call our customer service number;
• information from other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site;
• information from third parties, including, but not limited to, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytical providers, search information providers and may receive information about you from them; and
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you for such purposes by post, email, SMS, telephone or other means of electronic communication if you have consented to this;
• to notify you about changes to our services;
• to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure; and
• to measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliated company within our group.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with credit reference agencies and other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How we process and store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain features or parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-checking (as directed) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by following the unsubscribe link on any marketing emails we send you.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain hyperlinks to and from websites operated by other organisations or our affiliates. If you follow a hyperlink to any of these websites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such websites.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How to contact us
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request relating to the processing of personal data via:
Telephone: 01926 816 799
Post: Data Protection Officer
Micheldever Group Limited